Saturday, August 1, 2009

KTM 690 Adventure project bike

CMGOnline.com has a nice feature on turning a KTM 690 into an all-round dualsport bike.

I've always liked the specs of the KTMs, although I've never had an opportunity to ride one and the original Adventure I sat on was frighteningly tall. I'm 6'-1" and my toes fanned air on that thing.

Woody's Cycles is our local KTM dealer. I see lots of KTM motocross bikes on the trails around here, but BMW has the lock on DS rigs. How are the KTMs for reliability? I'm not sure. If I win the lottery maybe I'll take the plunge. Meanwhile, I can set up five of my KLRs for the same price and still have money left over for gas. And there's a road-oriented wee-Strom that sure looks appealing too...

3 comments:

  1. Hi there. I came across your blog when I Googled "Wilbur" and then I noticed your picture of our good friend Bud.
    I am the property owner of the land that hosts the former Wilbur Mine.
    I would like to talk to you about your research and if you have any information on the Wilbur Road, specifically from Caldwell Lake to Wilbur. Thanks. rmchiarelli@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Chiarelli, we have attempted to contact you, your email is no longer valid. can we get in touch with you?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact me at jordan.smith@sympatico.ca and I can put you in touch with Marc.

      Delete