Saturday, February 29, 2020

Incoming: New Mosko Moto Reckless 80L bags

Mosko Moto is about to introduce a new version of their popular 80L rack-less bag system, dubbed the Reckless 80 "Revolver v3.0".

According to Jenn from Mosko Moto, major upgrades to v3.0 over the current v2.0 (seen above; it's now sold out) are as follows:

  • Adjustable leg angle to improve fit to different bike frames (hence the "Revolver" name)
  • Removable dry-bag-equipped auxiliary leg pockets
  • Updated Hypalon MOLLE
  • Leg-holster-opening adjuster straps
  • Rivet-reinforced leg holsters
Availability is expected "in the next couple of weeks", but with all the COVID-19 issues in global supply chains lately, I wouldn't be surprised if stock becomes limited or delayed.

Although I haven't used Mosko Moto products myself, I've been following the company's progress for several years and have a great deal of respect for their business philosophy and approach to design and testing. This is well-thought-out gear. Having planned to get a rack for my soon-to-arrive Tenere 700 so I could re-use my existing Wolfman and Nelson-Riggs panniers, now in the interests of saving weight and not having a repeat of a rack fitment fiasco, I'm reconsidering all my luggage. Nothing wrong with the Wolfman bags - I've lived out of them for a total of several months now. However, I never got a chance to use the Nelson-Riggs bags which I bought to get just a bit of extra space.

Here's how the Nelson-Riggs compare to the Wolfman Expedition, each mounted on my WR250R with a basic pannier rack. For offroad riding, The Mosko Moto approach should eliminate some deadweight in favor of more carrying capacity, while achieving a narrower load with more centralized mass.


  



No comments:

Post a Comment